Autodesk Combustion - OverviewDesktop compositing software as versatile as you are talented.
Achieve amazing digital feats faster and at lower cost with Autodesk Combustion software. Whether your task is to produce professional video motion graphics, repurpose video content for the web or create effects for feature films or HDTV, Combustion software delivers the first-rate power you need at an incredibly affordable price.
Combustion offers an easy-to-use interface, non-destructive workflow and extensive toolset designed to help you bring your imagination to life while getting your work done faster.Key features and capabilities include:
- New - The Colour Warper colour correction tool made famous as part of the Autodesk Flame software system is now available in Autodesk Combustion 2008, along with improvements to Schematic and updated interoperability with Adobe® Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator software programs.
- Powerful creative tools - Combustion provides in-context access to motion graphics, industry-leading 3D compositing, colour correction, image stabilisation, vector paint and roto, text effects, short-form editing, expressions, Flash output and much more.
- Artist-friendly interface - Combustion features Autodesk Media & Entertainment's unified and easy-to-use interface, including multiple-screen, in-context design work; easy navigation; and a schematic node-based view - all designed to get you to your destination quicker and easier.
- Broad interoperability - Combustion delivers unmatched integration with industry-standard 3D animation, imaging and illustration software, including Autodesk 3ds Max animation software, Autodesk Cleaner encoding software and Autodesk Flint, Autodesk Inferno, Autodesk Fire, Autodesk Smoke and Flame systems.
- Diamond Keyer - Employ a new level of advanced keying technology with the second generation of sophisticated keying algorithms derived from the Flame system.
- Timewarp - Quickly create slow-motion and speed-up effects with a fully key-frameable, time-remapping operator.
- B-spline vector shapes and new point-grouping - Achieve faster, more efficient rotoscoping. Remove fine image detail for a smoothing effect that can simulate motion or a blurred speed look.
- Custom capsules - Create and save encapsulated single or grouped operator nodes and build a library of effects to share and re-use.
- Gbuffer builder - Build custom Rich Pixel Format (RPF) data structures from bitmap files for more extensive use of Combustion RPF nodes.
- Merge operator - Quickly merge two layers of the same size using any Combustion transfer node.
- Interface enhancements - Enjoy enhanced edit-operator, navigation, filtering, and compare-tool improvements, just to name a few.
- File import/export options - Import images into colour mixer, import ASE (ASCII Scene Export) camera targets from Autodesk 3ds Max software, import Windows Media technologies and export OpenEXR-compatible output.
- Paint - paint tools, grids and rulers, B-spline in paint and customised brushes.
Autodesk Combustion - Downloads
Autodesk Workflow Solutions Brochure (pdf - 1372kb)